Common faults of valves include leakage, damage and failure of opening and closing parts. One of the most important reasons for valve failure is that the valve is an important part of the pipeline transportation system without proper maintenance of the valve. At the source, the failure of the valve is eliminated, and production accidents caused by valve failures are reduced. Therefore, this article will talk about the maintenance methods of common valves.
1. For long-term placement of non-use of the valve, must be regularly cleaned up to remove the surface of the valve exposed dirt and dust, while doing a good job of sealing, to ensure that the valve is clean and dry. To store the valves neatly in the indoor ventilated and dry place, no stacking or open storage is strictly prohibited. When stored, the butterfly valve is kept the simplest, so that the butterfly plate is closed. For gate valves, globe valves, and check valves, both ends of the passage should be blocked and the disc closed. The storage requirements of the ball valve will obstruct both ends and open.
2. Before installing the valve, it is necessary to check the pressure and caliber of the valve again and clean up the dirt on the valve parts during transportation.
3. When installing the valve, install it correctly according to the connection mode of the valve. The commonly used valves can be installed at any position in the pipeline. However, it is necessary to consider whether the operator's operation is convenient after installation, and whether it is convenient for valve maintenance in the future.
4. When the gate valve and ball valve are working, they are only fully open and fully closed, and can not be used to regulate the flow rate. Otherwise, the sealing surface will be seriously eroded and corroded, and the valve opening and closing parts will be worn out.
5. Handle valves and handwheel valves can not be opened or closed with the help of lever, wrench or other tools to avoid damage to the valve parts.
6. Uniform tightening of the bolts on the valve packing cover can not hammer the cover, so that the cover tilt, and then damage or hinder the movement of the valve stem, resulting in valve leakage.
7. In the process of use, the valve should be maintained regularly, keep the valve clean, and the transmission part should be lubricated regularly. Once the valve is found to be malfunctioning, it must be stopped immediately to find out the cause of the malfunction and clean up the malfunction.
The above is the common valve maintenance method, have you learned? If you have any questions about the common valves, you can leave us a message and we will introduce them to you in the future.